The terms and conditions of this Agreement (“Terms and Conditions”) govern the usage of all Universe Club services (the “Service”) provided by Universe Inc. (“Company”) by the customers who use the Service (“Members”) and the Company.
Article 1 (Compliance with Regulations)
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all matters related to the use of the Service between the Members and the Company. Members may only use the Service after acknowledging and agreeing to the contents of this Agreement.
- In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the Company may make various provisions regarding the Service, such as rules for use (hereinafter referred to as “Individual Rules”). These Individual Rules, regardless of their names, also constitute a part of these Terms.
- In the event that the provisions of this Agreement differ in content from the individual regulations in the preceding paragraph, the individual regulations shall take precedence unless otherwise specified.
- In addition to the individual regulations in Section 2 of this Article, Members shall comply with all terms and conditions, rules, guidelines, and their equivalents that accompany this Agreement.
Article 2 (Definitions)
The definitions of terms used in this Agreement shall be as stipulated in the respective items unless otherwise specified.
- (1) A “Member” is an individual who has been approved by the Company to use the Service through the registration process stipulated by the Company in accordance with this Agreement.
- (2) A “Prospective Member” is an individual who wishes to use the service.
- (3) The “Member’s Page” is the website provided by the Company as part of the Service, available only to Members where necessary information for using the Service can be input/output and confirmed.
- (4) The “Class” is the membership type as determined by the Company.
- (5) A “Date” is the actual meeting between a male and female Member through the Service, or the exchange of contact information in lieu of a physical meeting.
- (6) A “Female Member” is a female individual who has registered for the service.
- (7) “Transportation Expenses” are not the actual travel expenses for the Female Member who came for the Date, but rather a cash amount between 5,000 – 10,000 yen to be given to the Female Member to thank her for her time.
- (8) A “Re-Registration Applicant” is a former Member who has terminated their Membership contract after using the Service, and who would like to use the Service again.
- (9) “Suspension” refers to suspending the use of the Service for a certain period of time. During this period, the Member is unable to access the Member’s Page or use any part of the Service.
- (10) “ID and Password” are the ID and password issued by the Company to each Member to access the Service.
Article 3 (Contents of the Service)
- The Service matches female and male individuals above 18 years of age who are looking for partners.
- The Service does not guarantee marriage.
- Specifications of the Service may be determined separately by the Company. The Company may make changes to the specifications with improvements, additions or deletions and Members will agree to these changes in advance.
- The Company will make all reasonable efforts to provide useful information to Members regarding any information obtained through using the Service. However, the Company does not guarantee the accuracy of the content, improvements in Members’ knowledge, thinking and abilities, or any other matters.
- The Company does not guarantee that a Member introduced through the Company will necessarily meet one’s individual requirements.
In addition, the Company does not provide any guarantee for the following items. Furthermore, even if a Member obtains information about the Service directly or indirectly from the Company, the Company does not provide any guarantee beyond what is stipulated in this Agreement.
- (1) That there will be no malfunction or failure in the user environment caused by using the Service.
- (2) That the Service is accurate and complete.
- (3) That the Service will operate permanently.
Article 4 (Application)
Qualifications for Membership of the Service are as follows:
- (1) Meet the minimum age, income and other requirements as set by the Company.
- (2) To be able to provide the Company with name, age, address, telephone number (hereinafter referred to as “Registration Information”), and other details required by the Company, in a method separately determined by the Company.
- (3) To be able to maintain the user environment at their own responsibility and expense.
- (4) Be mentally and financially capable and able to treat others in a gentlemanly manner.
- (5) That there are no other reasons the Company may consider it difficult to provide the Service.
- (6) For each of the above items, the Company is able to provide written proof upon request.
- A Prospective Member may apply for the Service according to the Company’s prescribed method after agreeing to the contents of this Agreement. The Prospective Member guarantees that all Registration Information is accurate.
In the event that a Prospective Member falls under any of the following categories, the Company may refuse registration or re-registration, and shall not be obligated to disclose any reason for refusal.
- (1) All or part of the Registration Information provided to the Company is false, inaccurate, or omitted.
- (2) A minor, an adult ward, a person under conservatorship, or a person under assistance, and has not obtained the consent of a legal representative, guardian, conservator, or assistant.
- (3) A part of anti-social forces, etc. (i.e. organized crime groups, organized crime group members, right-wing groups, and other persons equivalent thereof. The same shall apply hereafter.)
- (4) If the Company deems that the User is a person who has violated a contract with the Company in the past, or someone related to such a person.
- (5) If you have been subject to any of the measures set forth in Article 16 (Restriction of Use and Cancellation/Termination of Registration).
- (6) In any other cases where the Company determines, based on reasonable grounds, that registration is not appropriate.
Article 5 (Establishment of Service Usage Contract and Commencement of Service Provision)
- The Contract for the use of this Service is established when the Prospective Member confirms the contents, fees, and other important matters related to the Service contract, agrees to these terms, and completes the admission procedures as set by the Company. As a result, the Prospective Member will be able to use the Service as a Member. The date on which the contract is signed is the date of establishment of the contract.
The fees charged by the Company to members include (1) registration fee, (2) annual membership fee, and (3) setting fee, and the Company will charge each fee to members according to the class setting separately determined by the Company.
(1) The registration fee shall become due and payable on the date of establishment of the contract. Upon confirmation of the payment of the admission fee, the Company shall deliver to the member, by e-mail or other means, the information necessary to log in to the members page.
(2) The annual membership fee will not be charged for the first year. If a member wishes to continue using the Service after the second year of membership, the member shall pay the annual membership fee separately determined by the Company, and the Company shall deem that the contract for use of the Service has been renewed upon confirmation of payment of the annual membership fee.
(1) For both (1) and (2), the admission fee and annual membership fee will not be prorated, changed, or refunded in the event of a request for withdrawal during the contract period, or even during a period of service suspension at the Company’s discretion or for the Member’s convenience. However, this does not apply if the membership is suspended as per Article 11 (Membership Term and Suspension).
(3) Payment of the setting fee will be required when the date a Member has applied for has been confirmed, and will be invoiced each time by the method designated by the Company. If the payment of setting fee is not confirmed by the day before the date, the date will be cancelled.
Article 6 (Usage Fees and Payment Methods)
- In consideration of the Service, the Member shall pay the usage fee separately determined by the Company and displayed on the Website in the manner designated by the Company.
- In the event that a Member delays payment of the usage fee, the Member shall pay a late fee at the rate of 14.6% per year.
- Regardless of the reason, the Company will not be able to refund the usage fee even if the Member is no longer able to or no longer needs to use the Service during the term of validity of the Service.
- If it becomes necessary to change the usage fees due to changes in the contents of the Service, business reasons, enactment, revision or abolition of laws and regulations, changes in economic conditions, etc., the Company may change the usage fees in accordance with Article 27 (Changes to these Terms).
Article 7 (Points)
- Members can make use of points.
- Points can be purchased for one yen per point, and may also be given out by the Company in the form of special offers.
- Deposited points can be used as all or part of the setting fee or annual membership fee.
- Points can be used for the duration of the contract.
- In the event of contract termination or mid-term withdrawal or cancellation, points will be forfeited and will not be refunded in cash.
Article 8 (Date Settings)
- Members can request to set up a date from the Members’ Page. Please let us know your preferred date and meeting place. The date will be between two people, i.e. one male member and one female member. However, dates with multiple men and women may be possible only in the case of events separately determined by the Company.
- You may not apply for another date with a female member whom you have dated previously through the Service. Furthermore, regardless of gender, you may not be accompanied by another individual or have a date with a non-member.
- On the day of the date, the male Member shall meet with the Female Member after the Female Member has called him directly through her mobile phone and arrived at the designated venue. The male Member shall not file a complaint with the Female Member or the Company even if she calls using a private phone number.
- On the day of the date, the Member is required to give the Female Member transportation expenses (5,000 yen to 10,000 yen in advance) as separately determined by the Company.
- The Company will not disclose the personal information of Female Members to Members or third parties without their permission. In the event that a Member wishes to engage in a relationship with a Female Member, he should personally confirm and obtain the Female Member’s contact information.
- The Company does not guarantee the number of partners, confirmed settings with partners, or the compatibility of partners. In addition, we reserve the right to stop providing introduction information about female members when requested to do so by a female member.
- Please contact the Club at least 72 hours prior to your desired date to confirm the meeting place and time.
Article 9 (Cancellation of Date Settings)
- As a general rule, once a date has been confirmed, it is not possible to cancel the date or replace the female member for the Member’s convenience. However, if there are unavoidable circumstances, an exception can be made. If the reason for the cancellation or the behaviour of the member is malicious, the setting fee may not be refunded even in points.
- If a female member cancels a date after it has been confirmed, the date will either be rescheduled, set up with another female member, or the setting fee will be refunded in points. No cash refunds will be given and no compensation or service may be requested by the Member due to the cancellation.
Article 10 (Contract Period)
- The term of validity of the usage agreement for this service shall be one month (monthly membership) or one year (annual membership) from the date of conclusion of the usage agreement.
- If the Member does not express his intention not to renew the contract either in writing or via electronic communications such as e-mail at least one month before the contract expires, the contract shall be extended for another year, and the same shall apply thereafter.
However, the contract shall be terminated if the payment of the annual membership fee as specified in Article 5 (Formation of Service Usage Contract and Start of Service Provision) 2 is not made by the due date.
Article 11 (Membership Term and Suspension)
- Should a Re-Registration Applicant wish to use the Service again after the Agreement has been terminated, he shall be screened again and pay the admission fee as specified in Article 5 (Establishment of Service Usage Contract and Commencement of Service Provision), Section 2. In the case of re-registering within one month after the termination of the Agreement, the decision shall be made upon a consultation between the Company and Re-Registration Applicant.
The voluntary suspension of membership (extension of membership period) can be extended (carried over) for a maximum of 6 months only in the following cases:
- (1) In the event that you are physically unable to go on a date due to an extended business trip overseas.
- (2) When it becomes physically impossible to date due to reasons such as long-term hospitalization.
However, you will not be able to view the member’s page during the suspension.
- When the reason for suspension of membership is restored and use of the Service is resumed, the Member shall submit documentation proving any of the above reasons to the Company, and the Company shall review and extend the period.
Article 12 (Prohibited Acts)
In using the Service, Members shall not engage in any of the following acts, or acts that the Company deems to fall under any of the following items, in addition to those separately stipulated in this Agreement.
- (1) Actions that violate laws and regulations or public order and morals (including voyeurism, voice recording, and suggestions of prostitution acts), or actions that the Company reasonably determines to be unsuitable for membership based on reasonable grounds.
- (2) Crime-related actions
- (3) Verbal abuse, violence, harassment, stalking, forcing a female member to withdraw her membership, or the Company’s employees to resign from the Company.
- (4) Lending money or goods to female members.
- (5) The act of publishing or forwarding another person’s image or personal information on the web, including female members or employees of the Company, or the act of making it available to non-members.
- (6) Providing a third party (including female members) with IDs and passwords issued to members and information obtained through this service.
- (7) If the member is convicted of a crime during the contract period. However, the member’s page will be frozen when the arrest or indictment is confirmed, and the freeze on the member’s page will be lifted when it is confirmed that the member’s innocence has been proven.
- (8) Infringement of intellectual property rights, including copyrights and trademark rights, contained in the Service.
- (9) Commercial use of information obtained through this service.
- (10) Actions that may interfere with the operation of the Company’s services.
- (11) Unauthorized access or attempt to do so.
- (12) Collecting or storing personal information about other members.
- (13) Use of the Service for any unauthorized purpose.
- (14) Actions that cause disadvantage, damage, or discomfort to other members of the Service or other third parties.
- (15) Impersonating others, including other members.
- (16) Advertising, solicitation, or business activities on the Service that are not authorized by the Company.
- (17) Directly or indirectly providing benefits to antisocial forces in relation to the Company’s services, when the Company deems that the person is related to a crime syndicate or a similar person.
- (18) Actions that place an excessive burden on the network or system of this service.
- (19) Automatic access through programs, etc.
- (20) Acts of reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or otherwise attempting to analyze the Service.
- (21) Other actions that the Company deems inappropriate based on reasonable grounds.
Article 13 (Suspension of Provision of the Service, etc.)
The Company may suspend or discontinue the provision of all or part of this service without prior notice to members if it deems that any of the following reasons exist.
- (1) When performing maintenance, inspection, or updating of the computer system for this service.
- (2) In the event that the provision of the Service becomes difficult due to business reasons, system overload, system malfunction, maintenance, enactment, revision, or abolition of laws and regulations, natural disasters, accidents, power outages, communication failures, unauthorized access, or other force majeure.
- (3) In any cases where the Company deems it difficult to provide the Service.
- (4) The Company shall not be liable for any disadvantage or damage suffered by members or third parties due to the suspension or interruption of the provision of this service.
- (5) The Company shall endeavor to give advance notice of any change, suspension, or termination of the preceding paragraph with a reasonable period of time in advance; provided, however, that this shall not apply in case of emergency.
Article 14 (Membership withdrawal during valid period)
Before the expiration of the membership period, members may cancel the contract in accordance with the method prescribed by the Company (hereinafter referred to as “mid-period withdrawal”). The Company shall promptly carry out the Company’s prescribed withdrawal procedures from the date of receipt of the request, and notify the member.
Article 15 (Restrictions on Use and Cancellation/Termination of Registration)
In the event that the Company determines that a member falls under or is deemed to fall under any of the following items, the Company may suspend the use of all or part of the Service or terminate the User Agreement without prior notice. The Company shall not be obligated to disclose the reason for the above decision.
- (1) In the event that the member violates the obligations of the membership as set forth in this Agreement or separately by the Company.
- (2) In the event that any of the conditions in Article 4 (Application), Section 1 are revoked.
- (3) In the event that any of the items in Article 4 (Application), Section 3 is found to apply.
- (4) When it is found that there is a false fact in the registered information, or when there is a change in the registered information and the person fails to report it.
- (5) In the event of delay in payment of all or part of the fees.
- (6) In the event of suspension of payment or inability to pay, or in the event of a petition for the commencement of bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- (7) In the event of a petition for seizure, provisional seizure, provisional disposition, compulsory execution or auction.
- (8) In case of default in payment of taxes and dues, and in case of seizure for maintenance.
- (9) If the Company deems that there has been a significant change in the credit status of the member.
- (10) When there is no response to our inquiry for a certain period of time or longer.
- (11) In any other cases where the Company judges the use of the Service to be inappropriate based on reasonable grounds.
- If you fall under any of the items in the preceding paragraph, or if the Company determines that you fall under any of the items in the preceding paragraph, you will lose the benefit of the term for all debts owed to the Company, and you must immediately fulfill all obligations to the Company.
- Members shall be obligated to pay the usage fees even if they are under the measures of temporary suspension of the use of the Service based on Paragraph 1.
- In the event that the company cancels the service contract in accordance with this article, the member shall immediately pay any unpaid fees to the company. In addition, the company shall not refund any money paid by the member to the company such as admission fee, setting fee, deposited points, etc.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by members as a result of actions taken by the Company in accordance with this Article.
Article 16 (Management of IDs and Passwords)
- Members shall properly manage their IDs and passwords for this service at their own risk.
- Members shall apply to change or delete their IDs and passwords in the manner specified by the Company.
- Members may not give or lend their ID and password to a third party or share it together with a third party under any circumstances. In the event a login is detected with an ID and password combination that matches the registered information, the Company will consider the ID to be used by the registered member.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by the use of IDs and passwords by a third party, except in cases where the Company is intentionally or gravely negligent.
Article 17 (Intellectual Property Rights, etc.)
- Members shall confirm that all copyrights and other related intellectual property rights for the system of this service and the contents related to this service belong to the Company.
- The Member confirms that the Member is granted the right to use the Service only within the scope of the Service details during the period of the Members membershp.
- The Member shall not, without the prior consent of the Company in a manner separately determined by the Company, establish a right to reuse the right to use the Service in accordance with the Agreement, transfer the right to use the Service to a third party, offer the right to use the Service as collateral to a third party, or transfer the right to use or copy the Service in whole or in part to a third party. In addition, the user shall not dispose of the right to use the Service or its copies in any other way.
Article 18 (Disclaimer of Warranty and Disclaimer of Liability)
- The Company does not warrant, expressly or impliedly, that the Website is free from defects in fact or in law (including, but not limited to, defects in safety, reliability, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness, fitness for a particular purpose, security, errors or bugs, or infringement of rights).
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the member due to this service. However, if the contract between the company and the member regarding the service (including this agreement) is a consumer contract as defined in the Consumer Contract Act, this disclaimer does not apply.
- In no event shall the Company be liable for any damages arising from special circumstances (including cases where the Company or the Member foresaw or could have foreseen the occurrence of damages) caused to the Member due to default or tort by the Company (excluding serious negligence), even if provided for in the proviso of the preceding paragraph.
- The Company does not represent or warrant the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed, uploaded or distributed through the Service by the Company, our partners, members or any other person or entity. The member acknowledges the Company is not responsible for the conduct of our members, whether online or offline. This Legal Notice and the foregoing disclaimers do not exclude any mandatory rights that cannot be excluded under applicable law, including the prevailing law rights of the member as a consumer.
- The Company assumes no responsibility for any transactions, communications, or disputes that may arise between members and other members or third parties.
Article 19 (Dispute Resolution and Compensation for Damages)
- In the event that a Member causes damage to the Company in connection with the use of the Service, the Member shall compensate the Company for such damage.
- If a Member receives a claim from a third party or has a dispute with a third party in relation to the Service, the Member shall immediately notify the Company of the content of the claim or dispute, handle the claim or dispute at the Member’s expense and responsibility, and report the progress and results to the Company.
- In the event that the Company receives a complaint from a third party or a dispute arises with a third party in relation to a member’s use of the Service, the member shall, at the member’s own expense and responsibility, handle the complaint or dispute, report to the Company on the progress and results of the complaint or dispute, and indemnify the Company for any amounts the Company is forced to pay or other damages. In addition, the member shall compensate the Company for the amount the Company was forced to pay and other damages.
- The Company shall compensate for any damage caused to members due to its own intentional or gross negligence in providing this service. Each of the Company’s exemption provisions in this Agreement shall not apply in cases where the Company is willfully or grossly negligent.
- In the event that the Company is obligated to compensate for damages in accordance with the preceding paragraph or the application of the law, the scope of damages to be compensated shall be limited to ordinary damages that actually occurred to the Member (not including special damages including lost profits), and the amount of damages to be compensated shall be limited to the amount of the usage fee received in the month in which the relevant damages occurred. This Article shall apply to all damages, etc., regardless of the cause of claim such as default, liability for non-conformity, obligation to restore the original state, unjust enrichment, tort, etc.
Article 20 (Confidentiality)
- Confidential information in this service refers to technical, business, or other business information that the Company discloses to the Member with a clear indication that it is confidential.
- Members shall manage the confidential information provided by the Company with due care and shall not provide, disclose or leak such information to any third party without the prior written consent of the Company.
Members are not obligated to maintain confidentiality if any of the following apply
- (1) Information that the member already possesses without any obligation of confidentiality.
- (2) Information lawfully obtained by a member from a party other than the Company without any obligation of confidentiality.
- (3) Information that is generally available or has become available without breach of this Agreement.
- (4) Information disclosed to a third party without the Company being obligated to maintain confidentiality.
- The Member shall be obligated to maintain confidentiality in accordance with this Article even after the termination of this Agreement.
Article 21 (Elimination of Antisocial Forces)
- The Company and its members represent and warrant that they are not currently, and will not be in the future, a member of a crime syndicate, a member of a crime syndicate, a quasi-constituent of a crime syndicate, a corporation related to a crime syndicate, a general meeting of shareholders, a social movement advocate, a special intelligence crime syndicate, or any other person equivalent thereto (hereinafter referred to as “anti-social forces”), or a member of a corporation in which anti-social forces are substantially involved in the management. The Member hereby declare that the member is not a member of any anti-social forces (hereinafter referred to as “anti-social forces”), nor does the Member belong to any corporation, etc., in which anti-social forces are substantially involved in the management, and the Member pledges that the Member will not fall under such a category in the future.
In the event that a member falls under any of the following items, the Company may cancel the contract without any notice, and shall not be required to compensate the member for any damages incurred.
- (1) When it is recognized that the applicant falls under the category of antisocial forces.
- (2) When it is recognized that antisocial forces are substantially involved in the management of the member.
- (3) When it is recognized that the member is using antisocial forces.
- (4) When it is recognized that the member is involved in providing funds or benefits to antisocial forces.
- (5) When a member or an officer of a member or a person substantially involved in the management of a member has a socially reprehensible relationship with antisocial forces.
- (6) When a person uses himself/herself or a third party to engage in violent demands, unreasonable demands beyond legal responsibility, threatening words and actions, violence, spreading rumors, defamation of credibility using false accounting or force, obstruction of business, or other similar acts.
Article 22 (Notification or Communication)
Notifications or communications between members and the Company shall be made in the manner specified by the Company. The Company, from the member, as long as there is no notification of changes in accordance with the method specified separately by the Company, the Company will notify or contact the contact information currently registered as valid, and these are deemed to have reached the member at the time of transmission.
Article 23 (Prohibition of Assignment of Rights and Obligations)
Members may not transfer their position in the User Agreement or any rights or obligations under this Agreement to a third party or use it as collateral without the prior written consent of the Company.
Article 24 (Personal Information)
Article 25 (Notification to the Association)
In the event that the Company suspends the use of all or part of the Service or terminates the User Agreement in accordance with Article 12 (Prohibited Acts) and Article 15 (Restrictions on Use and Cancellation of Registration/Termination), and the Company reasonably deems it necessary to do so, the Company shall, upon the request of the National Association of 交際クラブ (hereinafter referred to as the “Association”), of which the Company is a participant , notify the name, date of birth, gender, address, contact telephone number, e-mail address, usage history, information on problems, etc., status of non-payment of fees, and other information of the Member(limited to information necessary to identify the Member and information on problems or payment status, etc., as determined separately by the Company)
Article 26 (Severability)
If any part of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable by law or court, the remainder of such provision and the other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that any provision is held to be illegal, invalid or ineffective, the invalid provision shall be replaced by a valid provision that most closely matches the intent of the invalid provision, or the invalid provision shall be reasonably interpreted so as to most closely match the intent of the invalid provision.
Article 27 (Modification of this Agreement)
The Company may modify this Agreement from time to time in accordance with the provisions of Article 548-4 of the Civil Code if any of the following items applies. The Agreement after the amendment shall be governed by the amended Agreement.
- (1) When the change in this Agreement is in the general interest of the Member.
- (2) The change in the Terms and Conditions is not contrary to the purpose for which the contract was made and is reasonable in light of the necessity of the change, the reasonableness of the content after the change, the content of the change, and other circumstances pertaining to the change.
- In the event that the Company makes any changes to this Agreement, the Company shall determine the effective date of the revised Agreement, notify members of the contents of the revised Agreement and the effective date of the revised Agreement, display the revised Agreement on the Service, and otherwise make it known to members in a manner prescribed by the Company.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding two paragraphs, in the event that a member uses the service after being informed of the changes to this agreement in the previous paragraph, or in the event that a member does not take the cancellation procedures within the period of time prescribed by the Company, the member in question shall be deemed to have agreed to the changes to this agreement.
Article 28 (Governing Law)
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
Article 29 (Jurisdiction)
In the event of a dispute between a member and the Company in relation to this service, the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court shall be the exclusive jurisdictional court of first instance, depending on the total amount.
Article 30 (Customer Consultation Service)
The following is the contact information for inquiries including the handling of personal information.
Universe Japan Inc.
〒150-0042 Tokyo, Shibuya City, Udagawachō, 36−2 ノア渋谷 13f
These terms and conditions are effective as of November 1, 2011.
Effective November 1, 2011
Revised on July 10, 2021
Revised on October 1, 2021