As a matchmaking service and business, Universe Club understands that it is a serious social responsibility to protect the personal information of our customers, users, and employees.
We have established the following policy for the protection of personal information and declare that the entire company is dedicated to ensuring the proper handling of such information.
Personal information refers to information that can be used to identify a specific individual, such as a customer’s name, age, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and place of employment.
It is also defined as information that may not identify an individual on its own, but can be used to do so by cross-checking with other information.
July 2, 2021 (established)
Representative Kida Satoshi
In accordance with the “Personal Information Protection Policy,” Universe Club handles personal information, etc. used for our business as per the following:
Regarding the Handling of Personal Information and Personally Relevant Information
(1) Personal information handled by the Company shall be acquired for business purposes that fall under any of the following, and thus handled appropriately within the scope of the purpose of use.
|Personal Information||Purpose of Use|
|Personal information of customers||Disclosure of personal information for membership, based on the customer’s own consent
Responding to customer inquiries and providing consultation services
Identity verification of customers for all matching services managed by the Company, including Universe Club and THE SALON.
Contact for questionnaires, campaigns and other information provided to customers
Countermeasures against disruptions and unauthorized usage, and prevention of potential problems
|Personal information of business partners||Sending quotations and purchase orders to business partners|
|Personal information of membership applicants||Contacting applicants for membership interviews
Notification of acceptance or rejection of membership application
|Personal information of employees||Personnel and HR management (to be specified in a separate agreement)|
|Personal information obtained through inquiries||To respond to inquiries|
|Personal information obtained through contracted work||To fulfill contracts for commissioned work|
(2) Specific personal information, etc. handled by the Company will be handled appropriately within the scope of specific affairs related to social security, tax, and disaster countermeasures.
(3) When the Company obtains personal-related information as personal data, it will be handled appropriately within the scope of the following purposes of use.
|Personally Relevant Information||Purpose of use|
Provision of Personal Information, etc. to Third Parties
(1) We will not disclose or provide personal information to any third party except for the purpose of business execution and the following (1) through (7).
In the event that personal information is provided to or received from a third party (excluding national organizations, local governments, independent administrative agencies, etc., and local independent administrative agencies, the same shall apply hereafter), a record of the necessary matters shall be made in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law, and the information shall be retained for the period specified by the Personal Information Protection Committee Rules.
(2) The Company may provide specific personal information, etc. only in cases that fall under each item of Article 19 of the Number Law in Japan, and will not provide specific personal information, etc. in other cases.
Management of Contractors, etc.
In order to achieve the purpose of use indicated in Paragraph 1, the Company may entrust personal information, etc. to a subcontractor with whom the Company has concluded a contract. The entrusted company will be required to handle, manage, and protect the information appropriately, and will be prohibited from disclosing or providing the information to any third party or using the information for any purpose other than those stated in Paragraph 1.
Management of Personal Information, etc.
Use of Statistical Data
We may create statistical data based on the personal information we have collected. It will be processed such that individuals cannot be identified.
The Company may use such statistical data as indicated above without any restriction.
Inquiries about Personal Information and Procedures for Disclosure, etc.
Procedures for Disclosure, etc.
(1) Please contact the following consultation desk by e-mail with the following information.
Please select your preference from the following and describe in detail the contents and items of the personal information subject to disclosure that you are requesting.
* If the application includes “correction of content” or “addition of content,” please describe in detail how the correction or addition will be made.
If you would like to contact us from an email address other than the one you registered with, please attach the following:
・A scanned copy of your personal ID (driver’s license, passport, or other official ID)
* If you contact us from your registered email address, we will confirm your identity by matching your email address.
* For the purpose of crime prevention, we cannot accept the deletion of personal information within 6 months of withdrawal.
(3) Personal information received through this application procedure for disclosure, etc. will be used to contact the customer who made the inquiry and to verify their identity. It will not be used for any other purpose. The personal information received will be stored for one year after the completion of the response to the request for disclosure, etc., and will then be destroyed.
* The procedures for disclosure, etc. of specific personal information are the same as above, but in compliance with the Number Law, the specific personal information protection manager will make a decision on whether disclosure is possible before doing so.
Payment and collection of shipping costs for Requests for Disclosure, etc.
After confirming the details of your application, we will inform you of the bank transfer account if we deem it possible to complete your request.
After confirming the payment of 1,100 yen (please pay the handling fee), we will disclose, delete, etc. the information.
Contact for disclosure, etc. of personal information, complaints, and consultation
For inquiries, please contact: Universe Club Personal Information Inquiry Desk
By mail: We will inform you by e-mail.
About Authorized Personal Information Protection Organizations
We are a business subject to the JAPHIC Mark Certification Organization, an authorized personal information protection organization under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. JAPHIC Mark Certification Organization, which is an authorized personal information protection organization under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
For inquiries about complaints and consultation regarding personal information, please click here.
*This is not a contact for inquiries regarding our products or services.